I found this super cool article on medicaldaily.com . It gives great beauty tips using only a lemon! I am going to personally try a couple of the tips and fill you in on how well they worked! Even if they don’t work as described I will sure enough be smelling like a fresh squeezed cup of lemonade! Ha!
- Remove blackheads: take a lemon and slice it in half, rub the juice all over your face and wait five minutes before rinsing it off with cold water.
- Lighten old acne scars: soak a cotton ball with freshly squeezed lemon juice and rub it all over your face. Apply daily and the scars will gradually lighten up.
- Removes calluses, corns, and warts: using the inside of a lemon (the white part) and placing it against any of these skin imperfections will help dry out the callus, corn, or wart. Leave it on overnight and in about a week they should fall off
- Lighten your hair: mix the juice from 4 lemons with ¼ cup of warm water. Put in spray bottle and spray it in your hair until it’s damp. Make sure you only expose your hair to the sun for no more than an hour. (Depending on how light you want to make it) be sure to take a shower and use conditioner to replace the moisture lemon sometimes tends to take out.
- Strengthen Nails: soaking nails in lemon juice for about 10 minutes and rinsing with warm water once a week will help them grow and will also remove any discoloration.
- Lighten discolored armpits and elbows: discoloration and hyperpigmentation happens to people when there is more melanin in their skin. The more melanin a person has in their skin, the darker it will be. Since lemon acts as a bleaching agent, rubbing a cut lemon on armpits will help to lighten those areas.