sooooo….I made this dish the other night that turned out pretty yummy if I do say so myself! a few asked me for the recipe, so I decided to put it up on my blog! 🙂 I had some uncooked boneless skinless chicken and didn’t know what to do with it…I knew I didn’t want to make the mundane baked chicken so I got to thinking…what about some kind of smothered chicken? I love a good saucy something! Annnnd thennnn Korean Fried Chicken was born! lol
Sauce: (now I’m not a chef lol so don’t get too mad with me if my measurements are a bit off, but I used a tablespoon to measure…oh! I also like my food extra saucy, so if you’re like me, double up everything!)
- 2 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Korean Red Pepper Paste
- 1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 3 tbsp. Honey
- Black Pepper (I have one of those pepper grinders so I did about…I don’t know 6-7 turns lol)
- 1 tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp. Brown Sugar
Chicken: (I used 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts; I cut them in about 1 inch pieces and let soak in the ingredients below for about…15 minutes well, in the time it took to make the sauce)
- 1-2 tbsp. Minced Garlic
- Salt (I have a salt grinder too that comes out kind of quick, so I used maybe…half a twist? if that makes sense lol just do a dash or so)
- Black Pepper (maybe 4 twists? sorry I kind of suck at this part)
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- In a nonstick skillet mix all of the ingredients for the sauce. Cook on medium heat until there is a smooth consistency. (stir for about 5-6 minutes) Transfer the sauce to a small bowl and set to the side.
- Whisk 1 large egg in a separate bowl and pour onto the chicken. Mix up the chicken so that each piece can be coated with the egg.
- Pour flour on top of the chicken. (listen, I didn’t measure the flour AT ALL! but what I did do, was pour enough in to cover each piece. It probably ended up being about 2 cups)
- Pour EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) into a non-stick skillet and put the stove on medium heat. Spoon one piece of chicken in at a time. Be sure that all of the pieces are spread out, if they are clumped together then it’ll take longer to cook. Cook until golden brown. (roughly 8 minutes)
- Drain chicken on a paper towel lined plate then toss in the sauce.
- I garnished my chicken with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
For the rice I just made boil in a bag brown rice. If you have another favorite to use then go for it! 🙂